The Inland Regional Chapter continues to serve the Riverside and San Bernardino Counties since 1978 as CSHP’s affiliate to facilitate the promotion of the goals and objectives of CSHP.
CSHP is a professional society of pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, student pharmacists and associates who promote the health, safety, and appropriate use of medication therapy for patients and the public by:
- Serving as an organization through which the membership pursues its common professional goals.
- Providing leadership for the profession and support for its members.
- Advocating for its members before private and public agencies and health care professional organizations.
The specific purposes and objectives of this corporation are:
- To promote rational, patient-oriented medication therapy across the continuum of care.
- To foster the optimal and responsible use of medication-related technologies.
- To promote pharmacists, and technicians as integral members of the healthcare team in order to allow full utilization of their clinical skills and knowledge of the medication use process in each healthcare setting.
- To serve as a primary advocate for advancing professional practice, optimizing patient outcomes, and improving the quality of patient care.
- To promote pharmaceutical services that use sound pharmacoeconomic principles.
- To advocate the pharmacist’s and technician’s value to patients by ensuring that appropriate clinical services and the medication use process are applied to their benefit.
- To promote public health by fostering the optimal and responsible use of medications, including education for proper use and/or controlled use of medications.
- To promote competency in the profession by offering state of the art education and training programs.
Why become a member?
You will find value through the following member benefits
- Active representation before the California Legislature and the State Board of Pharmacy.
- Tracking of legislation that impacts the practice of pharmacy.
- Continuing Pharmacy Education.
- Discounted Seminar Registration Fees.
- Wide variety of education choices that serves the interest of most practice specialties
- Up to six-hours of free CPE in CJHP each year
- Free online CPE through Health System CE
- Peer Contact and Networking
- Membership in one of 25 Regional and Student Chapters at no additional charge
- CSHP events throughout the state to keep you connected
- Many leadership and volunteer opportunities
- Communications and Pulications
- The California Journal of Health-System Pharmacy (CJHP) free with your membership
- InforSource (E-Newsletter)
- CSHP’s Cost-Savings Benefits
- CSHP’s online bookstore offers members-only pricing
- Universal Studios Fan Club discount
- San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park discounts
- Professional Liability Insurance and Discounted Long Term Care and Disability Insurance through Pharmacist Mutual Insurance
As a member of CSHP, you’re entitled to even more
- Unique opportunities for networking, career growth and continuing educaiton
- Network with over 4,000 member professionals in California
- Receive the latest health-system news via e-mail with Society news and latest pharmacy headlines
- Gain access to important information from the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP)
- CSHP web pages focused on your interests
- Customized educational programming, reviews and posters at CSHP’s Seminar
- Opportunities to vote, volunteer and hold leadership roles in the Society
- CSHP and its paid legislative advocate speaking for you in the state legislature
- Participate in advocacy – shape important local and national policies at a grassroots level
- Opportunities to participate in policy and planning
- Access to the best pharmacy jobs in California through Employment Opportunities